Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Man with True Grit

I recently saw the movie True Grit staring the one and only Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, and the little whipper-snapper Hailee Steinfeld.  I loved it! I loved the witty one-liners, gruff and gritty cowboys, and climatic scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat.  I love Jeff Bridges..... boy do I love his impersonation of a cowboy! One of my favorite parts of the whole movie *SPOILER WARNING* was when he rode relentlessly to get the little whipper-snapper to a doctor after she fell into that deep, dark pit full of them rattlers and was bitten and infected with their venomous poison.   I also love Matt Damon.... however... I did not realize he was playing the part of the Texas Ranger until the very end of the movie (I guess the accent, dress, facial hair, and genre of movie distracted me from realizing this fact) ... which made me very disappointed that I had missed out on relishing every word he spoke and every move he made.  Hmph.... guess that means I will just have to watch it again!

If you have not seen True Grit - GO SEE IT! Even if you don't like Western movies - you will like True Grit!

No comments:

Post a Comment