Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Lone Star State



As I sit here I am enjoying the scents of the evening...freshly mown grass, moist springtime air, and the skillet apple pie surrendering to the heat of the oven.  The room is filled with the sounds of the dryer tossing the damp clothes that lie within, I Love Lucy playing in the background, and my wonderful puppy chewing on her "chewy".  And I can also hear the sound of the birds coming in through the barely opened window, while at the same time my computer screen blatantly notifies me of its ever-draining battery.  As I sit here enjoying the present, I smile and reminisce on times past.  I have been blessed to travel to many exotic (well, exotic to me) places in Europe, including Italy, England, Germany, France, and Switzerland.  I have traveled to 17 states of the United States including Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Arkansas, Kansas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Alabama, Florida, Wisconsin, Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, New Mexico, and Hawaii; as well as Washington, D.C.  I love every minute of travel.  Period.  The thrill begins when the trip is proposed.  Immediately, I begin pondering and confirming what clothes, electronic devices, and activities I will take.  It does not matter what type of travel it is, plane, train, or automobile, I enjoy it all.  People-watching while waiting at an airport or gazing at the scenery that blurs past the car window are equally exciting.  Once arriving at the destination the true planned fun begins.  I pull out my camera and take it just about everywhere allowed.  The days to be filled with activities varying from the exciting to the relaxing are all well anticipated and enjoyed.  The different locations and cultures I encounter and the unusual types of foods I discover always make each trip memorable and unique.  However, I always enjoy, and look forward to, the time when I walk through my front door and am back in my own surroundings.

I believe that each year, month, day, hour, minute, and second of our lives are precious gifts from God which we should value and cherish.  I try to document and preserve as many of our fun family outings, trips, and day-to-day activities that I can in my memory, assisted by my beloved camera.  My camera was be-gifted to me by my dad during Christmas of 2008.  I am a proud owner of a Nikon D70, an "electronic memory-capturing device" I use for artistic experiments, capturing the vivacity and beauty of nature, and the candid expressions of my family and friends.  Ever since I acquired my camera, I have taken it on numerous travels and used it as best I knew how do document my time and adventures.

My family and I visited a variety of the counties, cities, and countrysides of Texas during Spring Break of this year.  We were pleased to see the first signs of spring...timidly appearing and declaring their stay late into summer, the beautiful flowers and plants of the Lone Star State are abundant and unique.



These are only a few images captured during our recent adventure.




















To view my full gallery, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment